Back Up 360 Games
November 10, 2008
Coming up on today’s epsiode:
Back up your Xbox 360 games!
Burning a Xbox360 Backup for the NME2.0 Chip. This model has the BenQ DVD drive, installed with the NME2.0 Mod-chip. Lets take a look at the workflow process.
Step1: Backing up your XBOX 360 Game
So once you have a successful Xbox360 Game dump, you should end up with two files, a .dvd and a .iso file. You can check out our article on YouNoob.net for more info.
Step2: Changing the Region with XDVD Mulleter Beta 10
Okay so after backing up your game, you’ll want to change the Region of the game using XDVD Mulleter Beta 10 for windows. It must either be Region Free or your console region.
Step 3: Converting the Backup to be NME Compatible.
We’ll be using the offical NME software NME Associator.
- Part 1. Open the Associator and go to the Extract Tab, Here we’ll extract the Security Sector (or .ss file) from the .ISO. Then select the iso and save out your .ss file. in the same folder as your .iso and .dvd
- Part 2. You’ll need merge the .ss file with the current .iso file. Next select your iso and browse for your .ss file, and then hit Convert.
- Part 3. This will act as our fail safe. So lets make sure your dump is fully converted. So goto the convert tab, select the ISO, and click Create.
- If everything went correctly, you’re game dump should now be NME compatible.
Step 4: Burning your backup
There are two different programs that can burn your backup. IMGBurn and CloneCD. In this tutorial we will be using IMGBurn. Before burning we must make sure our preferences are correct for burning the xbox360 disk. You will need a blank DVD+R DL.
I recommend Verbatim brand, as they are the highest quality and most reliable.
- Part 1. Change your Booktype to your current DVD burner.
- Part 2. Under the Tools / Settings file menu, go to the write tab and you will see “Layer Break” options. Select “User Specified” place this sequence of numbers: 1913760. This gives us the correct spacing between the data when burning the disk.
Step 5: Ready to burn
Ok! Now its ready to burn
- Part 1. Click ok and save your settings
- Part 2. Click Write Image file to disk
- Part 3. For the Source, select the .dvd file of your 360 dump, NOT THE ISO FILE!!
- Part4. Set your burn speed to 2.4x. Uncheck Verify. then you are ready to burn!
And there ya have it, a successfully burnt xbox 360 backup. I hope you enjoyed the tutorial and please post your feedback and comments on Pixil.info and Younoob.net. Extra information can be found in the Show notes. Thanks and happy hacking.